- Assistant Professor, Integrated Systems Engineering
1971 Neil Ave
Columbus, OH 43210
Ph.D. Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2019
M.Sc. Aerospace Engineering, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, 2016
B.Sc. Aerospace Engineering, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, 2013
Martijn’s research evolves around the use of computational modeling to study and improve the design of multi-agent sociotechnical systems. His work brings together constructs from cognitive systems engineering and computational modeling with the goal of capturing and evaluating the dynamic and emergent behavior of multi-agent systems involving humans working with technology (automation, robots, artificial intelligence). His PhD thesis was on the development of computational models of work strategies in human-robot teams to analyze how work allocation and interaction modes affect a team’s ability to adapt. Applications of his research are, amongst others, in the air traffic management and manned spaceflight domains.
- 2019. "Analysis of Work Dynamics for Objective Function Allocation in Manned Spaceflight Operations." In Improving Aviation Performance through Applying Engineering Psychology: Advances in Aviation Psychology, edited by Vidulich, M.; Tsang, P.,
- IJtsma, M.; Ma, L.M.; Pritchett, A.R.; Feigh, K.M., 2019, "Computational Methodology for the Allocation of Work and Interaction in Human-Robot Teams." Journal of Cognitive Engineering and Decision Making
Papers in Proceedings
- Ijtsma, M.; Lassiter, W.; Feigh, K.M.; Savelsbergh, M. et al. "An Integrated System for Mixed-Initiative Planning of Manned Spaceflight Operations." (3 2019).
- Ijtsma, M.; Ma, L.M.; Feigh, K.M.; Pritchett, A.R. "Demonstration of the "work Models that Compute" Simulation Framework for Objective Function Allocation." (1 2018).
- Ma, L.M.; Ijtsma, M.; Feigh, K.M.; Paladugu, A. et al. "Modelling and evaluating failures in human-robot teaming using simulation." (6 2018).
- IJtsma, M.; Hoekstra, J.; Bhattacharyya, R.P.; Pritchett, A. "Computational assessment of different air-ground function allocations." (1 2015).