1971 Neil Ave
Columbus, OH 43210-1210
Ph.D. Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2019
M.Sc. Aerospace Engineering, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, 2016
B.Sc. Aerospace Engineering, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, 2013
Martijn’s research evolves around the use of computational modeling to study and improve the design of multi-agent sociotechnical systems. His work brings together constructs from cognitive systems engineering and computational modeling with the goal of capturing and evaluating the dynamic and emergent behavior of multi-agent systems involving humans working with technology (automation, robots, artificial intelligence). His PhD thesis was on the development of computational models of work strategies in human-robot teams to analyze how work allocation and interaction modes affect a team’s ability to adapt. Applications of his research are, amongst others, in the air traffic management and manned spaceflight domains.
- 2019. "Analysis of Work Dynamics for Objective Function Allocation in Manned Spaceflight Operations." In Improving Aviation Performance through Applying Engineering Psychology: Advances in Aviation Psychology, edited by Vidulich, M.; Tsang, P.,
- IJtsma, M.; Ma, L.M.; Pritchett, A.R.; Feigh, K.M., 2019, "Computational Methodology for the Allocation of Work and Interaction in Human-Robot Teams." Journal of Cognitive Engineering and Decision Making 13, no. 4, 221-241 - 221-241.
- Pritchett, A.R.; Bhattacharyya, R.P.; IJtsma, M., 2016, "Computational Assessment of Authority and Responsibility in Air Traffic Concepts of Operation." Journal of Air Transportation 24, no. 3, 93-101 - 93-101.
Papers in Proceedings
- Barrett, E.; IJtsma, M.I. "Modeling Contingency Management in Unmanned Air Traffic Management." in International Symposium on Aviation Psychology. (5 2021).
- Ma, L.; Ye, S.; Ijtsma, M.; Feigh, K. et al. "An experimental refinement of computational models of human-robot teams." (1 2020).
- Ijtsma, M.; Lassiter, W.; Feigh, K.M.; Savelsbergh, M. et al. "An Integrated System for Mixed-Initiative Planning of Manned Spaceflight Operations." (3 2019).
- IJtsma, M.I.; Ye, S.; Feigh, K.; Pritchett, A. "Simulating Human-Robot Teamwork Dynamics for Evaluation of Work Strategies in Human-Robot Teams." in International Symposium on Aviation Psychology. (5 2019).
- Ijtsma, M.; Ma, L.M.; Feigh, K.M.; Pritchett, A.R. "Demonstration of the "work Models that Compute" Simulation Framework for Objective Function Allocation." (1 2018).
- Ma, L.M.; Ijtsma, M.; Feigh, K.M.; Paladugu, A. et al. "Modelling and evaluating failures in human-robot teaming using simulation." (6 2018).
- Baltrusaitis, M.; Feigh, K.; IJtsma, M.I.; Pritchett, A. et al. "Technologies for Mixed-Initiative Plan Management for Human Space Flight." in The 28th International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling. (6 2018).
- IJtsma, M.I.; Borst, C.; Mercado-Velasco, G.; Mulder, M. et al. "Adaptive Automation Based on Air Traffic Controller Decision-Making." in 19th International Symposium on Aviation Psychology. (5 2017).
- IJtsma, M.I.; Ma, L.; Pritchett, A.; Feigh, K. "Work Dynamics of Task Work and Teamwork in Function Allocation for Manned Spaceflight Operations." in 19th International Symposium on Aviation Psychology. (5 2017).
- IJtsma, M.I.; Lanssie, M.; Pritchett, A.; Feigh, K. "Modeling Human-Robot Interaction to Inform Function Allocation in Manned Spaceflight Operations." in Robotics: Science and Systems, Workshop: Bridging the Gap in Space Robotics. (7 2017).
- IJtsma, M.; Hoekstra, J.; Bhattacharyya, R.P.; Pritchett, A. "Computational assessment of different air-ground function allocations." (1 2015).
- IJtsma, M.I.; Bhattacharyya, R.; Pritchett, A. "Computational Simulation of Authority-Responsibility Mismatches in Air-Ground Function Allocation." in 18th International Symposium on Aviation Psychology. (5 2015).